21 Feb CHICKEN PARMESAN OVER CARROT NOODLES
Looking for dinner tonight? I have you covered. This recipe for chicken parmesan over a bed of carrot noodles is so delicious and quick and easy! I used almond flour instead of bread crumbs and carrot noodles in place of pasta. This recipe is gluten free, grain free, and low FODMAP.
Carrot noodles are much lower in carbohydrates than pasta, an excellent source of dietary fiber, and are an excellent source of Beta Carotene. This is important for healthy eye sight among other things!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45mins
1 lbs chicken breast
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Dash of salt and pepper
1/3 cup Tomato sauce (I used Raos Homemade Sensitive Stomach Sauce )
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (I used Bel Gioioso Cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 375F and spray a baking pan with avocado oil
2. In a bowl combined almond flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
3. In the bowl, add chicken one at a time. Cover the chicken with the almond flour mix and shake off excess. Place chicken in the pan.
4. Place chicken in the oven and cook for 40mins.
5. Bring a steaming pot of water to a boil.
6. Peel carrots in to noodles.
7. Add carrot noodle to steamer and steam for 2-3mins.
8. Pull out chicken from the oven and place a layer of tomato sauce and parmesan cheese on top.
9. Broil until cheese is brown.
10. Place chicken on top of carrot noodles and enjoy! 😃